Manaslu (8156 m, 26,758 ft) ranks eighth in the world’s fourteen highest peaks. The peak lies in central Nepal and 60 km/35 miles west of the Annapurna massif. It was first scaled by a Japanese expedition in 1956. As one of only fourteen summits over 8000 m it is a highly sought-out climb for worldwide mountaineers. Himalaya Hikes is here to assist you in making your climbing dreams of Manaslu come true safely and successfully.
As the eighth highest on the planet, the exhilarating accomplishment of climbing Manaslu will be recognized throughout the world, especially within the climbing community. The route is considered technically straightforward but more challenging than the Tibetan approach of 8000+ m Cho Oyu. Mansalu is considered the most accessible of 8000 m in Nepal and an excellent preliminary peak for Everest and more technical high peaks. Our Manaslu expedition operates in both Spring and Autumn seasons and Autumn is preferred for member aiming to join the Spring Everest expedition. The Spring climb on Manaslu generally has more ice, with more snow encountered in Autumn, post-monsoon.
One of the highlights of the journey is the trek to basecamp through captivating villages passed along the way with people following an ageless way of life. This magnificent route sees far fewer visitors than its world-renowned neighbour, the Annapurna Region.
As challenging as climbing an 8000 m peak can be, you can leave theplanning and all logistical concerns to us, allowing you to focus on reaching the goal of a lifetime. We will support you in all ways and each member will be joined along the way by ourseasoned team of Sherpa. Nuru Wanchuk Sherpa, organizes all of our expeditions and is 13 times Everest summitter and a veteran of 39 expeditions on peaks over 8,000 m. He is one of the foremost authorities in the world on Himalayan peaks, and the success rate of these expeditions has been an unparalleled 100% including nearly 90% of members summiting! With Nuru’s leadership, you are in expert, caring hands, and you can be assured that he has considered every measure to protect your well-being and to give you the best chance of Manaslu success.
Our knowledgeable crew of Sherpa specialists will be with you on the climb. Our exceptional team of guides has the skills and experience that can only be gained by living and working in the high Himalaya, a mountaineer’s paradise. With Nuru and our expert crew, you can be confident of your health and welfare on Manaslu!
The expedition itinerary is designed from experience, planned with careful attention by Nuru and professional climbers to safeguard a gradual rate of ascent with proper adjustment to altitude and environmental conditions.
After arriving in Kathmandu and meeting the team and other participants, we will complete pre-expedition briefings, equipment checks and other final preparations before taking a drive in our personal vehicle to the start point. We then begin our thrilling trek to Base Camp where we meet up with the remainder of our crew. At Base Camp they will have established a comfortable camp and will be awaiting us. From there we begin a gradual journey upward to one of the highest points on the planet allowing for proper rest and rejuvenation along the way.
Base Camp lies at4800 m (15,750 ft). Camp 1is 5700m (18,700ft), Camp 2is6200 m (20,340ft), Camp 3is6900m (22,640ft), and Camp 4 at 7450 m (24,450 ft) from where we launch our summit bid.
Porters: The expedition will have porters to carry supplies, a dining tent, sleeping tent and more for your comfort.
Base Camp Accommodation: Each individual client will be provided a personal two-man, high-performance tent at Base Camp. From Camp 2 and higher, it will be necessary to share tents.
Meals: We consider delicious and nutritious food and beverages to be a key component to the overall success of all of our expeditions. We charter the food in and take the utmost care in quality preparation. Our skilled High Altitude Chef will be with us for all meals at Base Camp and up to Camp 1. From the Camp 2 onwards the climbing Sherpa will take care of all meals.
Oxygen Cylinders: Each client is provided seven oxygen cylinders, reserved in their name for personal use on the climb. These will be guaranteed to have original seals (not refilled cylinders) manufactured by Top out, UK.
We are well-known for our dedication to the highest standards of professionalism and responsible tourism and we look forward to you joining us for the climb of a lifetime! All accommodations in Kathmandu are at 5-Star hotels.
Day 1:Arrive Kathmandu (1350 meters/4450 ft) at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA)
Day 2-3:Kathmandu Valley
Day 4:Drive Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar (570 m/1900 ft)
Day 5:Trek to MachhaKhola (890m/ 2965 ft)
Day 6:Trek to Jagat (1350 m / 4500 m)
Day 7:Trek to Deng (2095 m/6985 ft)
Day 8:Trek Namrung (2900 m/ 9670 ft)
Day 9:Trek to Lhogaon (3100 m/10335 ft)
Day 10:Trek to Manaslu Base Camp (4800 m/15,750 ft)
Day 11-12:Rest and Acclimatization day at Base Camp
Day 49:Base Camp
Day 50-54:Trek to Arughat
Day 55:Drive to Kathmandu
Day 57:Transfer to Kathmandu’s international airport (TIA) for departure home.
Full Board Service Cost Includes:
• All arrival and departure transfer services to and from international airport with other necessary surface transportation as per itinerary.
• Assistance at the international airport by our representative on arrival and departure.
• 5 night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
• Truck for expedition equipment from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu and private jeep transportation for climbing members.
• 1:1 Climbing Sherpa guide each member and leaders will be included.
• All camping equipment in Base camp and Advance Base Camp;
• Food during expedition period for expedition members and staff;
• Permit for expedition crew;
• Expedition Permit to climbing Dhaulagiri;
• Permanent kitchen facilities at advance base camp.
• All staff during Expedition period with experienced guide (Base Camp Manager) as per group size.
• Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary;
• Cargo clearance & duties assistance service free;
• Daily wages, equipment allowance & insurance for expedition staff;
• Gamow Bag will be available for expedition group;
• Solar panel for light and batteries charger will be available for expedition members;
• Quality personal tent at base camp and advance base camp
• Permanent kitchen and dining facilities at advance base camp
• Shower facility at base camp and advance base camp
• All necessary climbing hardware and ropes.
• Preferable meals at BC, ABC, higher camps, Hot drinks and beverages, freeze dried food during expedition
• 24 hours hot drinks and beverage during expedition
• Quality high altitude freeze dried food for Sherpa and staff;
• 2 Oxygen Bottles with mask and regulators (if requested by client)
• We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance.
• Ice falls charges, all high quality tent for higher camps 1, 2, 3 •
• EPI gas and burners for cooking food above base camp;
• All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for cook, climbing Sherap guide and base camp staff.
• All necessary camping equipment's like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, kitchen tent, shower, toilet tents etc.
• Per person 50kg baggage allowance during trekking-up and down
• Truck will be provided for loads transporation until base camp;
• Required experienced, trained and Government Licensed climbing guide(s) during climbing period per person as per requirements.
• First Aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
• Satellite phone carrying by guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 3 per minute call.
• Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
• Emergency oxygen and mask regulator.
• All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
• Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
• Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
• Our Special Gifts (T-shirt)
• Our service charges
Full board service Cost Exclude:
• Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
• Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during the trekking.
• Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
• Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
• Extra transportation then display in itinerary program.
• Any additional staff other than specified.
• Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
• Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
• Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
• Wallie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera or walkies-talkies).
• Personal climbing gears;
• Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkies-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
• Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
• Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
• Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides as per Mountaineering Association rules. Minimum US$ 1000.00 per climbing Sherpa guide.
• Tips and gifts for base camp and high altitude trekking and climbing staff.
• Airfare of international flights.
• Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance on arrival in Kathmandu)
• Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
• Any other item not included in “COST INCLUDES” secti
Day 1Arrive Kathmandu (1350 meters/4450 ft) at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA)Welcome to Kathmandu, where the gods and mortals intermingle. Our representative meets you at the airport and will usher you to the hotel. The first evening is free to do as you like, perhaps refresh and then explore or rest and relax at the hotel. (B,L,D)
Day 2-3Kathmandu ValleyThese days we will get to know the other participants and crew, with briefings by our Lead and Assistant Guides and gear and equipment checks and final formalities.
Day 4Drive Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar (570 m/1900 ft)After a good meal to start the day, we drive through scenic hills with views of the peaks on clear days and villages surrounded by fertile fields. (B,L,D)
Day 5Trek to MachhaKhola (890m/ 2965 ft)The trail follows the Buddi Gandaki River passing through lush hills and villages with surrounding fields and forests. After a lunch break we continue to the serene village of Soti Khola. We continue through lush surroundings of fields, forests, streams and waterfalls before climbing to Lapu Besi and MachaKhola. (B,L,D)
Day 6Trek to Jagat (1350 m / 4500 m)We continue through lush landscape passing a hot springs at Tatopani. The valley narrows and passes a forested section, crossing the river and streams to eventually climb to Jagat, surrounded by beautiful fields. (B,L,D)
Day 7Trek to Deng (2095 m/6985 ft)We continue up the valley and cross the Buddi Gandaki over to the Gurung village of Philim. The Buddhist culture has monasteries and more to explore. We continue through forests of pine and rhododendron. The route passes several side valleys to reach the majestic village of Deng. (B,L,D)
Day 8Trek Namrung (2900 m/ 9670 ft)We continue through forest with a steady climb and great views of Manaslu ahead as we reach the Buddhist village of Namrung in an unforgettable setting.(B,L,D
Day 9Trek to Lhogaon (3100 m/10335 ft)Be prepared for spectacular viewpoints of the Himalaya as well as the scenic mountain landscape through which we are trekking. We will pass monasteries and many chorten, maniprayer walls, and colorful prayer flags before we reach LhoGaon.(B,L,D)
Day 10Trek to Manaslu Base Camp (4800 m/15,750 ft)We are surrounded by the beauty of the Himalaya as we continue to SamaGaon, beautifully surrounded by barley fields in an unforgettable mountain setting. From here it is short, steep climb to join our full crew at Base Camp. Comfortable accommodations will be awaiting us there. (B,L,D)
Day 11-12Rest and Acclimatization day at Base CampWe take the essential time for rest and acclimatization and preparing gear with optional hikes to surrounding viewpoints before moving on higher to ground.
Day 49Base Camp
Day 50-54Trek to ArughatAfter a warm drink to start the morning, we say final goodbye to our home for the past month. We follow in reverse the trek that we made in from our starting point of Arughat Bazaar where we will meet our vehicle.
Day 55Drive to KathmanduIt is a scenic drive as we make our way back through villages and terraced fields to the highway and on to Kathmandu. (B,L,D)
Day 56KathmanduFree day in Kathmandu. The evening is reserved for a special celebratory farewell meal at a fine dining establishment.(B,L,D)
Day 57Transfer to Kathmandu’s international airport (TIA) for departure home.Our team representative will transfer you to the airport to see you off on your departure home. On your flight homeward, we hope you will remember this adventure of a life time and your experience in the mountains with us with great pleasure. We look forward to joining you on your next journey to the Himalaya!
Personal Climbing Gears:
The gears in the list below are also provided by Himalaya Hikes as a part of your package but if you prefer to use your own private piece, we encourage you to bring your own.
Group climbing gears
Note: Available to hire/rental through HH
The above itinerary should be taken only as a guide line; since we will be trekking on some of the most remote terrain on earth, it could change due to weather, availability of clean water and campsite, trail or any other unforeseen conditions. In the event of this happening, your senior guide will make the final decision after consulting with the group.