“This is adventure through diverse picturesque scenery, from paddy terraces to the high alpine terrain, with constant views of the world’s highest mountain range including Annapurna, Manaslu and Dhaulagiri. We hike through serene verdant forest of rhododendrons, charming villages full of life and the ancient Trans-Himalayan Trade route”.
This truly inspiring adventure passes through a more diverse range of climate, vegetation and cultures than any place in the entire Himalayan world, from the lush verdant green vegetation of rain and temperate forests to the terraced rice fields and to the alpine zone, making this trip more tantalizing with an introduction to Nepal’s cultural and natural beauty.
The Journey to Annapurna begins from Pokhara, a scenic spot & famous for its lakes. The trail leads towards dense forest of rhododendrons and magnolia passing through rain forest and a gorge between massive green hillocks that give us great views of our surroundings.
Once at the top of Pun Hill near Ghorepani you will be in the midst of an amphitheater of snow peaks that include Annapurna (26,545ft-8,091m) & other major peaks overlooking the Annapurna south (23,693ft-7,219m), Gangapurna (24,457ft.-7,455m) and Annapurna Dhaulagiri massif mountain range and as far towards east to Mt. Manaslu.
The blissful journey concludes in the City of Lakes…Pokhara…that’s ideal for chilling out after completing our trip.
Day 1:Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2:Half day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley
Day 3:Fly to Pokhara and sightseeing of Pokhara
Day 4:Drive to Nayapul from Pokhara and begin trek to Tikhedhunga
Day 5:Trek to Ghorepani (2,874m)5-6 hours walk
Day 6:Hike to Poon Hill (3210m) and continue trek to Tadapani (2,721m)
Day 7:Trek to Landrung (1,430m) via Ghandrung (1,750m)
Day 8:Trek to Dhampus village 1,530m via Pothana 2150m
Day 9:Trek & drive to Pokhara. Approx 3 hrs walk and 1/2 hours drive
Day 10:Free day in Pokhara
Day 11:Drive to Rafting start point and commence rafting. Overnight by riverside
Day 12:Full day Rafting and drive to Chitwan national park
Day 13:Full day jungle activities
Day 14:Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 15:Free day in Kathmandu
Day 16:International departure
• Fully Organized Camping Trek (FOT) with all meals and drinks (Tea and hot water) included.
• All ground transfers as per Itinerary.
• Expert HH trek leader, English speaking local guide, Sherpas and porters.
• TIMS card and ACAP fees.
• Restricted area permit fees
• Domestic airfares
• 4 nights’ accommodation at 4 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast.
• Half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and entry fees
• Equipment clothing for porter & staffs.
• Foods and Insurance for all staff & porters.
• Staffs wages, allowances and their salaries.
• Himalaya Hikes Kit bag and shirt, City map, 4 seasonal sleeping bag and dawn jacket. Sleeping bag and dawn jacket are to be returned after the completion of trip.
• Service Charges.
• A comprehensive medical kit.
• Rescue arrangements.
• All government and local taxes.
• International flight re-confirmation.
• International flight & departure tax.
• Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (early arrival or late arrival, early return from the trek or tours).
• Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
• Personal gears & clothing (available on hire).
• Tips, any expenses of personal nature, clients insurance.
• Extra baggage charge
Day 1Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2Half day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley
Day 3Fly to Pokhara and sightseeing of Pokhara
Day 4Drive to Nayapul from Pokhara and begin trek to Tikhedhunga
Day 5Trek to Ghorepani (2,874m)5-6 hours walk
Day 6Hike to Poon Hill (3210m) and continue trek to Tadapani (2,721m)
Day 7Trek to Landrung (1,430m) via Ghandrung (1,750m)
Day 8Trek to Dhampus village 1,530m via Pothana 2150m
Day 9Trek & drive to Pokhara. Approx 3 hrs walk and 1/2 hours drive
Day 10Free day in Pokhara
Day 11Drive to Rafting start point and commence rafting. Overnight by riverside
Day 12Full day Rafting and drive to Chitwan national park
Day 13Full day jungle activities
Day 14Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 15Free day in Kathmandu
Day 16International departure
You are advised to consider the following equipments as essentials while packing for the trek.
The gears in the list below are also provided by Himalaya Hikes as a part of your package but if you prefer to use your own private piece, we encourage you to bring your own.
Note: Available to hire/rental through HH
The above itinerary should be taken only as a guide line; since we will be trekking on some of the most remote terrain on earth, it could change due to weather, availability of clean water and campsite, trail or any other unforeseen conditions. In the event of this happening, your senior guide will make the final decision after consulting with the group.